BRENTWOOD, Tenn. – September 30, 2010 – Maranatha! Music, one of Christian music’s most respected praise and worship labels, has tapped EMI CMG Distribution to be its new retail distributor with a long-term agreement that begins October 1, 2010.
The new distribution agreement calls for EMI CMG Distribution to take over Christian and general market rights in North America and Canada and digital rights worldwide of Maranatha! Music. This new relationship embarks with the release of three new titles in October plus the distribution of over 35 physical catalog titles and over 400 digital catalog titles and thousands of songs.
“Maranatha! Music has personified ‘Jesus Music,’ since the 1970s, and EMI CMG is honored to be entrusted as stewards of their rich catalog and advocates of their music. We look forward to the being a part of the next chapter of the Maranatha! Music story with many rewarding years ahead for both companies,” said Greg Bays, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for EMI CMG Distribution.
Maranatha! Music President Randy Alward added: “Maranatha! Music is thrilled to partner with a company that is so passionate about serving the church community and their customers. This new alliance with EMI CMG Distribution certainly strengthens our ties to retail. The team has the experience and commitment to praise and worship music we needed to move Maranatha! to the next level.”
EMI CMG Distribution is currently selling three new titles that will release in October:
• In The Spirit Of Christmas: A Collection Of Traditional Songs For The Holidays, the new seasonal recording features traditional Christmas favorites like “Joy to the World,” “O Holy Night,” “Angels We Have Heard on High” and more. Releases on October 12.
• Platinum Praise includes two CDs with 20 praise songs - plus a full length 10-song worship DVD of breathtaking landscapes set to worship tracks. Features contemporary worship songs such as “Mighty To Save,” “Everlasting Love,” “Here I Am To Worship,” “Lord I Lift Your Name on High,” and more. Releases on October 1.
• I Am Official Motion Picture Soundtrack features songs from the upcoming Fox Home Video movie about 10 people in Los Angeles who struggle with the effects of failing to follow the Ten Commandments in modern day. The soundtrack features American Idol runner-up Katherine McPhee singing the movie’s main theme song “Say Goodbye.” Other artists include Travis Ryan, Michael Johns (from American Idol), Tim Timmons, Jesica Specht, Jetstream and Rasa 9. CD releases on October 25.
EMI CMG Distribution has also begun distributing Maranatha! Music’s extensive and rich gold and platinum-selling catalog. Best known for the Praise Series, Praise Band, Invitation and Top 25 Series, the label has already sold more than 30 million units worldwide. Among the top-selling titles now available through EMI CMG Distribution are:
• Gospel Goes Classical (featuring Juanita Bynum and Jonathan Butler)
• Incredible Gospel
• Incredible Gospel, Vol. 2
• Incredible Hymns
• Praise And Worship Top 40
• Top 25 Alabanzas Para Hoy
• Top 25 Exitos De Alabanza
• Top 25 Gospel Praise & Worship
• Top 25 Instrumental Praise
• Top 25 Praise Songs 2007
• Top 25 Praise Songs 2009
• Top 25 Praise Songs 2011
• Top 40 Praise And Worship, Vol. 2
• Top 40 Praise And Worship, Vol. 3
“From its founding by Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel in 1971, Maranatha! Music ushered in praise and worship from its early hippie days when 'Jesus Music' was being sung on the beaches of California to today’s modern worship music that is accepted and sung in churches worldwide. Maranatha! Music has created an enduring legacy that EMI CMG will continue to foster as we work together in our new distribution relationship,” said Bays.
ABOUT EMI CMG DISTRIBUTION ( www.emicmg.com):
EMI CMG Distribution was founded in 1994 to serve as the main distribution outlet for EMI CMG's owned and distributed labels to the US Christian and general retail marketplace, and the international Christian marketplace. Since this distribution division was launched, EMI CMG has had more charting titles annually on Billboard’s Top Christian Charts than any other Christian distributor and has been named Billboard Magazine’s Top Christian Music Distributor 10 times since 1995. In addition to distributing EMI Christian Music Group’s fully-owned labels, which include Sparrow, ForeFront, and Credential imprints, as well as EMI Gospel and Worship Together, EMI CMG Distribution has exclusive distribution agreements with Tooth & Nail/BEC, EE-Taow Records, Gaither Music Group, Green Hill Productions, Hal Leonard, Inpop, Just Me Music, Kingsway Music, Madacy Entertainment, North Point Music, Spring Hill Music Group, Troubadour for the Lord, Universal Music Group, VSR Music Group, Anchor Bay Entertainment/Starz, Cloud 9 Games, Creative Trust Media, First Look Studios, GT Media, Guardian Studios/Bananas, First Look Studios, Kelly’s Filmworks, Pure Flix Entertainment, Rainbow Valley Heroes, Third Day Games and Vivendi Visual Entertainment. EMI CMG Distribution is a division of EMI Christian Music Group, a unit of EMI Music ( www.emi.com), one of the world's leading music companies.
ABOUT MARANATHA! MUSIC: ( www.maranathamusic.com)
Maranatha! Music is a pioneer in praise and worship music. The label shepherds the “Jesus Music” of today by serving the church with the song of faith. The label’s repertoire, including two of their best-selling series, Top 25 and Top 40, and the Invitation, have sold more than 30 million units worldwide..Maranatha! Music’s vast catalog also includes many of todays’ top CCLI songs.
# # #
Please contact Tricia Whitehead at email@example.com for CD artwork for new or catalog titles. Also:
Maranatha! Music New Release Page Links are below with product info and artwork:
In The Spirit of Christmas http://tinyurl.com/2eb5sms
Platinum Praise http://tinyurl.com/24wp573
I AM Soundtrack http://tinyurl.com/2bjckwe